OSHA 30 Hour Construction
April 20 @ 12:00 pm - April 24 @ 4:30 pm CDT$225 – $350
OSHA 30 Hour Construction: This courses will be held on Monday, April 20- Friday, April 24, also in Murfreesboro at the TCAT campus. The cost will be $225 for TN JT&S Subscribers and $350 for non-TN JT&S Subscribers. The course will begin at noon on the 20th and will finish at noon on the 24th (please see attached registration form for full date/times). This schedule will allow drive in and drive out time for attendees.
The course will be presented by Brian Lewis, Tennessee JT&S Instructor with the Public Works division. Brian is an authorized OSHA Outreach trainer and has twenty-five years of experience as a safety professional.
The OSHA Outreach Training Program provides training on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of workplace hazards. Outreach classes also provide overview information regarding OSHA, including workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint.
- Promotes safety culture through peer training
- Training is intended to be participatory, using hands-on activities
- Trainers are able to tailor the training topics based on specific needs of their audience
- Outreach training content includes hazard recognition and avoidance, workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint; it emphasizes the value of safety and health to workers, including young workers
- Outreach training is available in languages other than English (Spanish, Polish, etc.)
The 30-hour training program is intended to provide workers with some safety responsibility a greater depth and variety of training. All outreach training is intended to cover an overview of the hazards a worker may encounter on a job site. Training emphasizes hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, not OSHA standards.
To enroll in this course, contact Holly Bellucci at JT&S. You may also fill out the registration form to send in with your check payment. For further questions regarding the course, you may contact Mike Simmons at [email protected] or 423-326-6376.