- This event has passed.
Supervisor & Manager Development Program, Session 3
February 28, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm CST$150
(716.1) Time Management and Productivity Toolkit for Supervisors
Co-op supervisors and managers are not only responsible for completing their own work on time, they’re responsible for the productivity of their team members. It’s easy to become overwhelmed trying to keep track of what needs to be done when and by whom. This course covers best practices for prioritizing tasks, improving your concentration, planning workload, improving how your teams operate, and dealing with common distractions. You’ll learn tools, methods and techniques to help you set goals, prioritize, schedule work and delegate tasks to enhance productivity.
- Calculate the cost of wasted time at your co-op.
- Recognize the myths surrounding productivity and pinpoint the ones that actually make you less productive.
- Reduce the number of interruptions you experience during your workday.
- Determine which of the most popular time management systems will work well for you and your team.
- Prioritize yours and your team’s tasks, and plan out your workload.
- Analyze work processes for inefficiencies and pain points.
- Implement three techniques for addressing the workplace bad habits of endless emails and mindless meetings.
- Productivity busters and boosters
- The supervisor’s responsibility for team productivity and quality of their work product
- How multitasking makes you less productive
- Procrastination: how to combat it and how to use it productively
- Importance of goal-setting
- Popular time management techniques
- Prioritizing your work
- Workload planning basics
- Delegating effectively
- Business process reengineering
- Combating endless email (or texts)
- Causes of unproductive, costly meetings and how to improve them
CERTIFICATE PROGRAMSupervisor and Manager Development Program
- NRECA – 1 credit
- CEU – 0.6 credits