- This event has passed.
OSHA 30 Hour Construction
September 30, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - October 4, 2019 @ 12:00 pm CDT
September 30: 12:00-4:00 pm
October 1: 8:00-4:00 pm
October 2: 8:00-4:00 pm
October 3: 8:00-4:00 pm
October 4: 8:00-12:00 pm
TN JT&S will be holding a 30 Hour Construction course in Murfreesboro at the technical college campus on September 30 – October 3. The cost will be $225 for TN JT&S Subscribers and $350 for non-TN JT&S Subscribers. This program requires 30 full hours of seat time and will be conducted over five days. The course will begin at noon on the 30th and will finish at noon on the 3rd This schedule will allow drive in and drive out time for attendees. A minimum of three and a maximum of forty participants are allowed.
The course will be presented by Brian Lewis, Tennessee JT&S Instructor with the Public Works division. Brian is an authorized OSHA Outreach trainer and has twenty-five years of experience as a safety professional.
The OSHA Outreach Training Program provides training on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of workplace hazards. Outreach classes also provide overview information regarding OSHA, including workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint.
- Promotes safety culture through peer training
- Training is intended to be participatory, using hands-on activities
- Trainers are able to tailor the training topics based on specific needs of their audience
- Outreach training content includes hazard recognition and avoidance, workers’ rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint; it emphasizes the value of safety and health to workers, including young workers
- Outreach training is available in languages other than English (Spanish, Polish, etc.)
10-hour and 30-hour Programs
The 30-hour training program is intended to provide workers with some safety responsibility a greater depth and variety of training. All outreach training is intended to cover an overview of the hazards a worker may encounter on a job site. Training emphasizes hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, not OSHA standards.
To enroll in this course, contact Holly Bellucci at JT&S. For further questions regarding the course, you may contact Mike Simmons at [email protected] or 423-326-6376.