- This event has passed.
Supervisor & Manager Development Program: Session 1
February 26, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 4:30 pm CST$150
(713.1) Engaging and Developing High-Performing Employees: Bringing Out Their Best
According to Gallup, two-thirds of employees are either “phoning it in” or actively undermining the work of the organization because they aren’t engaged. From the time a co-op hires an employee until the employee leaves, supervisors are responsible for maximizing employee performance. Learn how supervisors can motivate employees to feel empowered and contribute an honest day’s work.
- Recognize your responsibilities in recruiting, selecting, and retaining team members.
- Communicate goals and expectations to each team member.
- Coach and mentor your team members towards meeting their goals.
- Motivate your team members to continuously improve their performance.
- Develop your team members’ knowledge and skills.
- Learn how to use delegation as a development tool.
- Hold your team members accountable for meeting goals and expectations.
- Determine when it’s appropriate to use a formal discipline process up to, and including, termination.
- Importance of employee engagement
- Four-step process for setting, monitoring and supporting expectations of team members
- Supervisors’ role as coach and mentor
- Process for giving effective feedback to team members
- Supervisors’ responsibilities in recruiting, selecting, and retaining team members
- NRECA – 1 credit
- CEU – 0.6 credits